Mission & Vision
INFLUENCE. LEADERSHIP. PROTECTION.
We are dedicated to enhancing the professional and commercial interests of our diverse membership, and to protecting the independence of the judiciary and the Bar.
- To improve the law
- To improve the administration of justice
- To improve and promote access to justice
- To promote equality in the legal profession and in the justice system
- To improve and promote the knowledge, skills, ethical standards and well-being of members of the legal profession
- To represent the legal profession nationally and internationally
- To promote the interests of the members of The Canadian Bar Association
We are the essential ally and advocate of the legal profession and guardian of the rule of law in Canada. Our members are passionate about their Association: the good it brings to their lives and to the world. Staff and volunteers are inspired to exceed members’ expectations every day.
Our Strategic Plan 2012-15
Our Strategic Plan includes the following priorities:
Influence - CBA is recognized as the national and international voice of Canadian lawyers on matters of law and justice. It is the advocate for the interests of its members and the legal profession.
Community - CBA has a strong, diverse, engaged membership which reflects all sectors of the legal profession, and is the community of choice for lawyers.
Education - CBA is a leader in professional development and ensures access to timely, high-quality, relevant and affordable training delivered in convenient and accessible formats.
Cohesion - The legal profession, members and staff understand and experience the CBA as one cohesive association that operates both nationally and locally for its constituents, delivering products and services of demonstrable value.
Organizational Excellence - CBA is a strong, stable, innovative, forward-looking and technologically advanced organization led by outstanding volunteers and staff.